Golden Austrian Cauliflower Cream Soup
Our version of Golden Austrian Cauliflower Cream Soup is the ultimate comfort food for those days when you need a delicious, warming bowl of soup.
- 1 head cauliflower
- Cut into pieces
- Carrots, coursely chopped
- 1 cup
- Coursely chopped celery
- 2 leeks
- Coursely chopped
- Garlic cloves, minced
- No-salt seasoning blend, adjusted to taste
- 2 cups
- Carrot juice (2 pounds carrots, juiced)
- 4 cups
- ½ tsp
- 1 cup
- River Queen salted fancy cashews
- 5 cups
- Chopped kale leaves or baby spinach
- Place all the ingredients except the cashews and kale in a pot.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Steam the kale until tender. If you are using spinach, there is no need to steam it. It will wilt in the hot soup.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend two-thirds of the soup liquid and vegetables with the cashews until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the pot and stir in the steamed kale (or raw spinach).