Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Ice Cream Bars
- Bar Base
- 1 ½ cup
- Almond flour
- 1/3 cup
- Coconut flour
- 1 Cup
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/2 Cup
- Teddie Natural Peanut Butter (Smooth or Chunky)
- 2 Scoops
- Vital proteins collagen
- 2 Tbsp
- Coconut flour
- Ice Cream Layer
- 1 Pint
- So Delicious Very Vanilla
- Dark Chocolate Layer
- 1 Cup
- HU dark chocolate gems
- 1 Tsp
- Coconut oil
- Handful of Pretzels
- Slightly crushed, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 glass pan with parchment paper.
- Place your pretzels into a food processor and chop until tiny pieces form. Avoid chopping the pretzels too much. You want small pieces of pretzel to show in the crust of the bar.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and chopped pretzels. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Using your hands, pour dough like mixture onto your parchment paper and press down to form the bottom layer of the bar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After the bottom layer bakes, place in the fridge for at least an hour. (TIP: I place the glass pan on a dishtowel in the fridge to avoid removing the crust from the pan until it cools).
- After crust is completely cooled, remove from fridge and mix together the peanut butter, coconut flour, and collagen in a small bowl. Spread the peanut butter filling evenly on top of the crust. It might be a little sticky. I find using your hands and a spoon is the easiest way to spread it evenly.
- Next, place back in the freezer for about an hour. About 30 minutes before the hour is up, take your ice cream out of the freezer. Next layer the ice cream on top of the peanut butter filling. Using a rubber spatula evenly spread it across the entire crust. Place in the freezer for another hour.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Make sure to stir the chocolate consistently so that it doesn’t burn. Pour the melted chocolate over the ice cream layer. TIP: You’re going to want to do this step as fast as you can because once the warm chocolate hits the cold ice cream it will immediately start to harden. Have your crushed pretzels ready, so that once you pour the chocolate over the ice cream and spread it out you can immediately place additional pretzels on top.
- Put back into the freezer for at least 2 hours before cutting. Store in the freezer for as long as you would like and ENJOY!