Teddie Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs
SERVINGS: 4 hot cocoa bombs
- 1 ⅓ cups
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons
- Heavy cream
- ¼ cup
- Teddie Smooth Peanut Butter Mini marshmallows
- Please note, you will need a chocolate sphere mold (ours were 2”, but anywhere between 1 ½-2 ½” would work) to make hot cocoa bombs.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, microwave ¾ cup of semisweet chocolate chips, stirring every 30-seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Add a heaping spoonful (about 1-1 ½ tablespoons) of melted chocolate to one-half of a sphere mold.
- Using the back of your spoon, push the chocolate around to ensure the mold is well coated.
- Repeat step #2 until four complete molds (four tops and four bottoms) have been created.
- Chill your molds in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- While your shells are chilling, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ½ cup of chocolate chips and the Teddie peanut butter. Bring to a simmer, and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool and stiffen (refrigerate for up to 30 minutes).
- This will be the filling of the hot cocoa bombs.
- Once your chocolate shells have completely hardened, carefully remove them from their molds.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the remaining semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 tablespoons) in the microwave, stirring every 30-seconds, until melted. Set aside.
- Scoop even amounts of the filling and mini marshmallows into four of the shells.
- Dip a spoon in the bowl of freshly melted chocolate chips and run the spoon along the rim of the shell.
- This will act as the glue to adhesive the spheres together. Place the top halves of the shells onto the bottoms and gently press them together.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it harden.
- To store, keep in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to use.
- Be sure to allow the hot cocoa bomb time to defrost before using, if stored in the freezer.
- To serve, fill a mug with steaming hot milk and add your bomb. Stir and enjoy!