Teddie Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Apps & Snacks, Breakfast
- Medium-size zucchini, grated (about 2 cups grated, before squeezing out water)
- ½ teaspoon
- ½ cup (1 stick)
- Melted butter
- ½ cup
- Maple syrup
- Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla extract
- 2 cups
- All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup
- Smooth Teddie Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set it aside.
- Lay a clean towel on the counter and spread the grated zucchini out in an even layer, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, cover with another towel, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess water and pat the zucchini dry.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined. Add in the grated zucchini, stirring well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Dollop the Teddie peanut butter in teaspoon-sized amounts directly into the batter. Gently swirl the peanut butter in, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the center is just set. (Tip: if the top is browning before the center is done cooking, cover with foil.)
- Let the zucchini bread cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Top with butter, Teddie Peanut Butter, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
- To reheat, warm slices in a skillet on the stove.