Teddie Peanut Butter Blossoms
SERVINGS: 24 cookies
- 1 + 1/4 cups
- All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon
- ½ cup (1 stick)
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup
- Granulated sugar
- ½ cup
- Packed light brown sugar
- Large egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup
- Smooth Teddie Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
- ½ cup
- Granulated sugar, for coating
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the butter for 1 minute on high speed until creamy.
- On medium-high speed, mix in ¼ cup of granulated sugar and ½ cup of brown sugar until completely combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and continue to mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the Teddie peanut butter and vanilla extract and continue to mix on medium to high, until combined.
- Grab the bowl with the flour, baking soda, and salt mixture, and add to the wet ingredients.
- Beat on low until combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator, for at least 30 minutes. *If chilling for longer than a few hours, set dough on the counter for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon balls.
- Roll each ball in the ½ cup of sugar, and arrange on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops begin to slightly crack. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled (they should be warm but no longer hot), press a chocolate kiss candy into each cookie.
- Place the baking sheets in the fridge or freezer for 10+ minutes so the chocolate does not melt. Enjoy!